S.M.A.A.R.T.Mom's Slogan!

S.M.A.A.R.T.Moms DON'T Just Roar....
WE ROAR , FLAP, AND JUMP!

Join Me @ The Autism Support Network

Join Me at The Autism Support Network!

Friday, May 11, 2012

"Autism & Behavior Consequences Video" :S.M.A.A.R.T.Mom's (MAY) Online Mommy Time-Out: THE ALL DAY TIME-OUT

S.M.A.A.R.T.Mom's (MAY) Online  Mommy Time-Out: THE ALL DAY TIME-OUT

Are you a S.M.A.A.R.T.Mom? (Stong Mothers Altering Autism's Reality Together)

Any parent who has a child, teen, or adult with Autism knows first hand how bad an "Autism Melt-Down" can be. During a melt-down every parent has at one time or another been bit, hit,pinched,spit on, kicked,screamed at,etc. These are obviously behaviors that are far from acceptable. I understand first hand that our son like others, have a difficult time regarding maybe the smells of a building (such as Lowes or Home Depot for example), fear of animals, loud sounds (sometimes even a baby crying can be upsetting), or even a different way to drive home in order to avoid passing a McDonalds because your loved one may have not deserved it that day. I know what it's like to try and put our son in a hold (which by the way is very hard )  our son weighs 150lbs presently. But these are just some of the reasons I had to come up with some type of solution to these classic but very common autism behaviors. I knew these behaviors were EXTREME BEHAVIORS but I also understood that our son was getting bigger. So just like my other two (now older kids) I had to set in motion some "Tough Love." I decided for those Extreme Behaviors there would now be An Extreme Consequence. This is when I came up with "The All Day Time-Out".
Come and join me now and watch my May Online Mommy Time-Out. Just "Click-On" The S.M.A.A.R.T.Mom Icon Below.

 I hope it helps you like it's helped us. Until Then, Take Care. Angela

                                                                       

No comments: