S.M.A.A.R.T.Mom's Slogan!

S.M.A.A.R.T.Moms DON'T Just Roar....
WE ROAR , FLAP, AND JUMP!

Join Me @ The Autism Support Network

Join Me at The Autism Support Network!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

" Autism @ A Renaissance Fair Pictures! S.M.A.A.R.T.Moms First Time Visiting The Lady of the Lakes Renaissance Fair!

Hello Everyone! I just wanted to share our experience to the Renaissance. This was actually a school field trip and I do my best to attend every field trip with Dustin. This field trip was one I really didn't think Dustin would handle well, but I don't vear away from these outings. The Renaissance was a new experience for Dustin as well as for me. So we gave it a whirl. I brought his favorite friends, Bugs , Daffy, and Tweety to help comfort him while we were there and I did have to keep him moving. He lasted at least a couple of hours before he started throwing himself down on the ground and started getting loud and clearly ready to leave.  I think at that point Dustin's classmates were ready to go as well. So everyone agreed and back to the school we went.
I can't say we had a fantastic time, but I can say I wouldn't  try this again maybe next year. If I stopped revisiting ALL of the places I have dared to venture with Dustin.......and believe me there have been many not so memorable outings. BUT.... today you would have never had a clue of some of the stories I could tell you. TRY, TRY, and TRY AGAIN. Being consistant with Dustin has been so beneficial. So I strongly advise other moms to at least make the attempt regarding ANY outing. There may be some not so good memories to make, however, the memories that are successful are more than worth it. Hope you enjoy our pictures:) Take Care.






No comments: